Administrating your blog goes beyond just writing posts and tracking your page ranking. It includes the regularly scheduled maintenance a blog need over time.
Managing your blog is a challenge at first as it is all new and there is so much to learn. As your blog becomes more sophisticated, possibly expanding into advertising, you will spend more time, do more research, and work harder at trying new things to make your blog better, and your readers happier.
Here are some quick tips to help your manage your blog better and more efficiently.
- Create a blog maintenance calendar
- Keep a collection of ready-to-publish posts handy
- Don’t expect to reply to every comment
- Create a home page for your product or service
- Backup your blog
- Upgrade your blogging program
- Update plugins, widgets, gadgets and add-ons
- Update blog content
- Check for dead links and 404s
- Validate and optimize your blog’s code